Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Matthew 23:10

For the first few years of my ministry the focus of my energies was not in listening but locomotion. Not content in the station or with creeping along the countryside I came to reside in the tender car lustily shoveling coal into the engine's fire box. Only when I had a full head of steam did I take a long look down the track laid ahead and wonder where it was I was going. I looked for the brakes and found none. I ran through the coach cars only to find I was alone. Though it was a lonesome desert valley I was speeding through I thought it better to derail there than blow my whistle through Babylon. It hurt when I jumped in front of that steam engine - all the more when I realized how hard I'd had to work to make it hurt that much. I've walked the wreckage for nine years now and I no longer have strength sufficient for the shovel. But when asked why I won't attend the leadership conference - I don't have to think before responding: "Because I'm not a leader."

4 comments:

Tricia said...

So glad that we follow Christ together! He said that His yoke is easy and His burden is light, so it doesn't sound as if we are going to have to do any difficult shoveling. Just have your sword and shield and that should about be sufficient. Love you brother!

Joel Tom Tate said...

John! I am calling you right now . . .

sarah said...

Sometimes, although I love, LOVE, love the Tates, I need a straight-forward statement to make me feel at home. We Paulsons don't beat around the bush, much, but we have to apologize A LOT.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Review said...

This is basketball score in your game, but it looks like you where not playing basketball right?